Switchboard Upgrades Frankston, Bayside Melbourne and the Mornington Peninsula
Many people don’t realise that they are taking risks with their safety by continuing to use outdated, and potentially dangerous electrical systems in their home. Find out if you should be upgrading by taking our questionnaire below.
Is it Time to Upgrade?
- Does your home have still have a fusebox rather than a switchboard?
- Are you renovating a home that’s more than 10 years old?
- Are you adding additional load; for example, extra power points or lights?
- Are you using multiple extension cords?
- Are you installing emergency lights or a hard-wired smoke alarm?
- Are you experiencing regular problems with your power?
- Are fuses blowing on a regular basis?
- Are lights flickering, even after you change the light bulb?
- Does your panel box smell or appear to be singed or burnt?
- Do you currently have two-pronged outlets?
- Do you need more room or capacity in your switchboard?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you are taking a safety risk and it’s time to upgrade!
Many people are either unaware that their homes contain outdated electrical systems, or they don’t understand the importance of a safety switch.
Fuseboxes Are No Longer Enough
Fuseboxes are not designed to manage the electrical needs of today’s average home. Modern switchboards with circuit breakers and safety switches are more reliable, much safer and easier to maintain. It’s surprisingly affordable to upgrade your switchboard and it’s a small price to pay for safety, reliability and efficiency.
A Circuit Breaker is Not a Safety Switch
Knowing the difference could save your life. Circuit breakers prevent electrical cables from overloading but they aren’t sensitive enough to prevent electrocution. A safety switch cuts power to a circuit within a fraction of a second when it detects ‘leakage’ of electrical current to earth. In simple terms, if current is leaking to earth you or anyone in your home is at risk of electrocution. A safety switch can be installed quickly and for a modest outlay. At Peterson Power our team is qualified to install safety switches and we only use quality Clipsal products.
Don’t Take Chances
Leave it to Peterson Power to upgrade your electrical system in Frankston, Bayside Melbourne and the Mornington Peninsula and ensure your home is safe and efficient. Contact us today on 0422 877 257 for a no obligation consultation and quote.